Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Get Your Yacht On!





Well, I just recently had my most challenging assignment yet. I was hired to shoot interior and exterior shots of a yacht that recently went on the market. It was the middle of the day, and the sun was shining in through all the windows into the much darker interior. The contrasting light was definitely the most challenging I've encountered. I captured all these shots with no controlled lighting! I was able to work around it by shooting at different exposures and "fusing" the photos together to get a fuller exposure. And I won't even start about the lower interior of the yacht - no windows, low lighting, and bathrooms not much bigger than an outhouse. But I love the challenge, I love the experience, and I love learning. I kinda loved that yacht too - whew! The greatest thing about this assignment was gaining invaluable experience and how to do a better job with better techniques next time. A big THANK YOU to Mark Gibbons who hired me and trusted me, knowing that it would be my first yacht shoot. It only gets better from here ;-)